воскресенье, 27 мая 2012 г.

Radical Wedding Weight Loss

Old Spice commercials came to mind as soon as I saw the photos accompanying 2 articles which I read today. You know the one the ones-“Look at ….. now back at…”. 

Yes, I know. What in the world does this have to do with weight loss? Look at the photos and you’ll understand. 

On the left, a woman who seem quite healthy. Certainly not needing… is that an NG tube? 

Then I saw the “after treatment” photo.

Different lighting, maybe without makeup, but the striking thing for me was the prominence of the clavicle, the overall thinning of the face and the hollowing of the eye sockets.

All of this to lose weight for a wedding gown!? Thank goodness it was medically supervised, and the articles do not report any deaths from this practice, which takes a person’s caloric intake down to 800 calories per day for up to 10 days. At a cost of $1,500.

Apparently, this has been a weight-loss practice in Europe for a while, now. 

I know that I may catch flak for considering this to be an extreme measure, especially considering that it is not something that will be long lasting once normal eating habits resume, but it seems a bit much. 

Yes, weight loss before “the big day” (yes, I am married, and do understand the stress of it all) is understandable. But the NG tube approach? Wow. 

Follow-up comments from the woman in the picture and from others can be found here.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий